Sunday, April 26, 2009

Seize the Night

Those of you who know me personally are aware that I'm not by any means a day person, I have never truly been a day person nor will I ever become one. I'm not just saying this in order to convince everyone how dark cool and spooky I'm, that's beside the point. I just get a little frustrated living in a world inhabited by people who are mostly day people and plan their daily life's based on the movement of the sun rather than the that of the moon.

I work mostly nights and for the most part I sleep the better part of the day. Modern technology has made things easier for people like myself. I can pay most (if not all) of my bills online now without ever leaving the house and that my friends is a real blessing for people like myself because I don't care to be around people that much. I've always been a lone wolf and I'm proud to be one. I guess the older I get the more people irritate me.

Anyway after teaching a couple of students the fine art of guitar playing this evening I went to my local coffee shop afterwards to relax and do some reading. Well as it turned out there was a X-Mass party at the coffee shop so I had to find some were else to do my reading so I went to another coffee shop and low and behold they were closing up. Had I known the store was going to close at 10:00 pm I would have saved myself some gas and just went home after work. There are coffee shops here in Michigan that are open 24 hours but I didn't want drive across town and use up a tank of gas trying to find one that was open past 10:00 pm. So here I'm at home blogging when I should be out sipping on a cappuccino.

You may be asking yourself why not just go to the bar and my reply is if I were to drink alcohol as much as I drink coffee I would be a drunk by now, and besides it would look a little strange hanging out at a bar reading a book when everyone else is having a good time. I just wish there were more places open after hours for people like myself because not everyone lives their life during the daylight hours.

Carpe Noctem: MerlinRavenSong )0(