Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Easter Bunny

The Easter Bunny (or Easter Hare) is a mythical character depicted as an anthropomorphic rabbit. In legend, the creature brings baskets filled with colored eggs, candy and toys to the homes of children on the night before Easter. The Easter Bunny will either put the baskets in a designated place or hide them somewhere in the house for the children to find when they wake up in the morning.

Eggs, like rabbits and hares, are fertility symbols of extreme antiquity. Since birds lay eggs and rabbits and hares give birth to large litters in the early spring, these became symbols of the rising fertility of the earth at the Vernal Equinox.

-Wikipedia

I'm grateful that I'm no longer forced to attend church on easter Sunday. As far as I'm concerned church was one of the biggest waste of time in my entire life. There's nothing more annoying than a bunch of Xians trying to convert a Pagan child. The one thing I did learn while forced to attend church during my teenage years was that these so called Xian's were more often than not bigger sinners than I ever was or hoped to be.

Anton Lavey was the first person that I know of to used the term "THE GOOD GUY BADGE" when it came to describing people who claimed to be one thing but were really something else all together. I'm sure that those of you who willingly or unwilling attended church today know what I'm talking about because they attended church with you.

On Easter Sunday you will see more people than usual attending church today, some are there just to please family members, some are there out of respect and for some it has to do with tradition. In a lot of cases it's just another one of their "GOOD GUY BADGES" they pin on themselves to show that they are good Xians and by the time they get home they take off their badges and transform into the real devils they truly are.

In my life it has always been my "CHRISTIAN FRIENDS" who like to take me out to bars and get me drunk when they know that I rarely drink.

In my life it has always been my "CHRISTIAN FRIENDS" who try their best to get me to go to strip clubs on the weekends and when I try to explain my religion to them I'm the one who's going to hell for believing the things that I do.

In my life it has always been my "CHRISTIAN FRIENDS" who have stolen money from me and denied it when I knew it was them that did it.

In my life it has always been my "CHRISTIAN FRIENDS" who tell me how much of a sinner I'm while they stuff their fat bellies with the churches greasy fried chicken along with other unhealthy food items the church offers after Sunday morning service. I guess they fail to realize that GLUTTONY and SLOTH are two of the seven deadly sins. For them Jesus isn't the answer Jenny Craig is.